About Me

My photo
I have to learn how to swim this year. Crikey!

Saturday 24 September 2011

The Latest and Greatest...

Hello dear fam and friends!

I said I was going to write most sundays, and so I will start with this one as I am recuperating from an exhaustive week.  I am going to evening mass at 6 p.m., so I am resting on the couch with the laptop, connecting with my US peeps.  The screen doors are open and there is a nice breeze on a sunny day.  Jospeh has to work from 2-7 p.m., so I get the place to myself.  I will let all know that I was offered a full time position within Karingal as the Team Leader to run the Rossack House in East Geelong.  A low to moderate care accomodation facility for disabled adults.  There are 4 women and 2 men with various disabilities and they fit the requirements to live in the house, which allows them to live as similarly as possible to others in the community.  There are casual and permanent-part time staff that come in on a rotation basis to help with the needs.  The clients have an organised life where community activity and inhouse activity are going on, family and friends are kept updated and involved, etc.  I am the one in charge of the house, with all of the staff and clients and all of the paperwork, etc.  Making sure it is running smoothly and effectively and happily.  I accepted the job as I will make more money and have the benefits that come along with it.  I start tomorrow with 4 weeks of training under a wonderful lady who has been with accomodations for over 20 years.  I am told the clients are lovely and staff are okay, they have just gotten used to doing little and need refreshement.  I am that refreshement, so please pray for me to make this house a wonderful place to work and live in!

Now, Joseph is still looking for better work as well. He would like better pay and hours as well in a job that is satisfying and pleasing to God.  We will begin in a month or so to look for bigger housing and hopefully have a new place by Christmas.  That is my goal, at least!  The presbytry in Winchelsea was too much for the rent- we were suprised they wanted so much for a house that hasn't been lived in for years and needed updating...oh well, God has everything under control.  We will just keep looking.  It would have been nice, though, to live there, even though it was a bit out in the country. Sigh.

I hope all are well.  Keep in touch.  I miss you all!

Angie Purtill  :o)















No comments:

Post a Comment